Wednesday, May 5, 2010

This may be your conversation, but I'll always get the last word.

Uncertainty seeps into memories (slowly, but ever-so-surely)
The edges of those timeless images in my head
Flickering, folding
In a fire of bitter resentment
Poisoned and charred
Useless.
Old perceptions ruined with one stab
Of that double-edged sword (which is worse, the doubt or the suspicion?)
This scar isn't fading (neither are the ones on my knees, for that matter).
A sweet spoonful of blind naivety sounds promising
You know, to kill that aftertaste of pure treason (After all, hindsight regret is a bit difficult to swallow).
My blood beats blue and red
Depending on the time of day:
Frozen cold (like your heart of
Unbreakable
Unaffected
Unusable
Stone)
Or burning bright (like that stinging scarlet letter
Now branded on your chest).
Flaunting your indescretions (oh, what a simple name
For such a tangled web of deception)
Like they're the latest trend
And, hey, the kids seem to be buying it
(Hook, line, sinker,
Sold).
Feeding lines about honesty
Yeah, well honestly, you're full of pure
Shhh--save that next line for the next lie
She's eating it up with an ease I never could fake.
And darling, you wear that mask so well
Too bad it's all an illusion
You can keep your dilusions
And I think I'll stick to reality.
It's impressive, how well you avoid it ^
While saving face and passing the blame along
(There's the real dynamite card, right there).
Bang!
Looks like you got me again.
Hitting the target everytime took practice so,
Look there,
At least I was good for something.
But be careful, love,
Someday you just might slip and miss your
Mark.

No comments:

Post a Comment