Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Independence Day

Electric words start forest fires and I,
I blazed the wooded trail with every careless noun and verb to defy and scorch
You straight to
Hell...o there, love,
It's nice to see you again.
I'd love to say we're friends but,
hey,
You always hated labeling us and I,
I guess I just don't see an us to be labeled now.
Stab me in the back
The front
Everyone knows it's your knife anyway
So why bother hiding the words you say?
Twisted and teasing your way
Into forgiveness
And forgetfulness
(You always forget, I always forgive)
What a match
Tossed onto the ground with a flamboyant carelessness that I always found so intriguing
Don't try to ask me which way I'm leaning
I know I'll end up with a face full of mud either way since,
Let's face it,
You never were the most stable.
It was a blast while it lasted, up 'til the end
A good show for the kids
Something to light up the sky and blow us all to smithereens
You were the fuse
And I'm the best igniter around.
Blue and red wires crossed
Explosion.
Happy independence day to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment